Saturday, August 13, 2016

Writing Home

Aug. 12, 2016
Dear family,
Day by day I am recognizing so much. I miss you all so much more every day. Today was hard. The last couple days I have been very sick. I thought it was kind of funny to hear many of you are sick with the same symptoms/similar. But it made me so sad hearing mom was in urgent care. It made me cry in the middle of class.
I love you all so much and it grows more and more each day. It makes me sad hearing about what is going on and I actually wish I was there to help. I have been praying for you.
What I love is that the hardest days here have also been the most spiritual. Every lesson every day gets better and better. I engage in my scriptures and ponder so deeply. I am seeking the mysteries of God. It is amazing how much I have already changed. I want all of you to recognize more the importance and impact The Book of Mormon has. I know it is easier timewise and for convenience on a mission but there is so much I want you to learn.
I have already found hundreds of lessons, stories, phrases, etc. that I had never seen or made important before. I also hope so bad any of you siblings who go on missions will learn a language.
Specifically Thai. It is so special. The mechanics, respect, and uniqueness is powerful and has actually strengthened my testimony.
Anywho, I love you all. I promise I'm not prideful here one bit. I am actually pretty recognized for being humble. (haha nooooot kidding).
The district has named me (and make fun of me):
most accomplished and athletic
most spiritual
funniest, happiest, and most likeable
knows most Thai
best singer
best handwriting
eats the most
skinniest
My district thinks I'll be the next zone leader.
(Sorry again. It is so hard not to talk about what's going good and I feel so prideful. I really love telling you about how happy I am with how well things are going).
Everything goes so good for you when your heart, might, mind, and strength is devoted to God.
I could not be more grateful for this opportunity. Every aspect of my mission is so good. I don't think I've seen a group of 8 boys get along and work so hard together. Our district is pretty far ahead from the other Thai district. I am so grateful for the mind Heavenly Father has given me. I have already had moments where I am speaking/understanding Thai instead of translating in my head. Those lessons with Komgritt helped me with the mechanics so much. The district has expressed their jealousy of how far into Thai I have gone.
I am having the loveliest time.
Keep sending mail, Dear Elder, etc. I love love love it and you. Email time is too short.
Love, john kimball higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment