Saturday, August 13, 2016

Writing Home

August 13, 2016
Dear Family,
How are you?
So I needed to emphasize again that you should write me letters more than email. Receiving letters here is one of the most joyous feelings. Anywho. Sorry again if it sounds like I keep glorifying myself. We have had lessons on pride and I've been pretty good at being humble but every time I write home it comes out as me being the chosen one. Maybe I am. :)
Yeah we don't really have too much free time ever. But when we do, all I do is write. So right now just like yesterday and many times before, I am writing my mind. I keep getting real homesick in moments. Also I am still sick today but I'm doing a lot better.
I love each of you so much. I keep thinking of simple moments with each sibling and miss it a lot. I'm sorry kids but I miss mom and dad the most. You were my very best friends. Just like Christ, I could count on you for about anything. Believe it or not, you made me so happy. Also Ruby. And I guess Leah haha. Sure still really sad I am missing Ruby's best years. Anyways, I was going to share some spiritual stuff but I'm like out of time.
phone rag khraab khrua khaay phom
I love family of mine.
I don't know enough thai script so theres the romanized version (it's like pinyin).
I love you.
Elder John Kimball Higginson

August 13 PM
So I forgot to send this. But just wanted to let you know today was amazing. It was one of the most stressful days but it turned out to be one of the best. I need a picture of our family so please send one!! I love you!!
Elder John K Higginson
(please give the included letter to Anna Archibald)

phom phud phassaa thai
mii khwaanesug


No comments:

Post a Comment