Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Letter Five - MTC

I made an art piece for one of my favorite scriptures so I'll try to get it to you sometime. I meant to take a picture of it but I forgot.
2 Nephi 33:6
I Glory In Truth, I Glory In My Jesus

I love you
Alma 37:37
 
I don't know what to report on. Not too much happens here. I've been saying goodbye to a lot of friends and they haven't done mail or dearelder since last Thursday.
 
Chad Lewis from BYU gave our devotional Sunday night. I'm sure glad I know sports because no one in my district had any idea who he was and what he was talking about. He gave a really powerful devotional and testimony through his life and career in football. He played for the Chiefs as well! He also had a picture with the owner of the Philadelphia 76ers who was recently baptized into the church. He showed us many famous athletes who he has taken to temple open houses and helped feel the spirit. It was really good.
Danica sent me a BYU shirt

I had a really neat experience yesterday. I was able to teach in a splits to a less-active. (I hope you all know that the investigators, etc. are all really teachers but play as someone they know really well haha) Anywho, I didn't know Thai was coming so well until this lesson. She said her faith is 100% and she reads scriptures and prays every day. But that she has to work Sundays to pay for school and she cannot go to church on those days. We gave her help explaining how if you turn to Heavenly Father and ask for his help that it will all work out great. But to remember that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ come first. We explained the importance of sacrament and baptismal covenants and so on. I don't know I wish everyone could experience it because it is hard to speak my mind right now and the spirit was so strong and she was crying a lot. I felt Heavenly Father's love for her both as a teacher and who she was pretending to be. I am so excited to get to Thailand.
 
There isn't too much to talk about. Still learning a lot and being able to bring the spirit through another language. I cannot wait to get to Thailand. Thai is coming so well. And so is the Gospel. I love it.
My Jamaican brother.
 
​This is how the entire MTC has looked the last month and fortunately the Thailand MIssionary residence is the farthest one away from everything haha. 
 
Message from Elder Turley ;)
This leaf from the Sacred Grove has been in my Book of Mormon under Jesus Christ in the topical guide for over a year now. It still looks lovely as ever.
Not too much to take a picture of.


My Shrine


No comments:

Post a Comment