Sunday, December 25, 2016

Kamphaeng Phet - Christmas

As simple and amazing as Christ's Gospel is, I love how deep it goes as well. Recently, I have really enjoyed reading from the Teaching's of the President's of the Church. They have so many simple, happy truths... as well as way deep doctrine that really makes you think. Pondering is so good. Always be pondering for good. Allow the Lord to teach and inspire your heart and your mind.

2 Nephi 19:6 or Isaiah 9:6
      For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Was a very interesting Christmas for sure. Nothing like the rest I have had. Even the ward barely recognized it as a different day. But sure gave me a different perspective on what Christmas is. Gave me a whole lot more time to focus on Christ and I love that.

Matthew 26:41
     Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation. The Spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Just a real good reminder to keep your Spirits clean, treat YOURSELF with some respect (: That's all. Matthew 26 is so good. If you haven't read it lately, try it out.

Also a very good recommendation I have is to read in Preach My Gospel: The Book of Mormon, Chapter 5. Read through it, and then approach The Book of Mormon in a completely new way. With more purpose than you have ever sought from it before. The Book of Mormon is amazing. The Book of Mormon answers the great questions of the soul. As we read it, the Spirit will guide us. We will be open to blessings and revelation. The Book of Mormon is the number one thing you should go to if seeking revelation (which should be Always). The Book of Mormon helps us understand that God's commandments are only guideposts to a happy abundant life. The Book of Mormon can help with anything. I have learned that personally and continue receiving more and more that testimony. Help others feel the spiritual power of The Book of Mormon. Study and utilize The Book of Mormon in a consistent and humble way so that the Lord can communicate to you and that you might learn and apply His will to your daily life. Seek out the unmistakable witness that it is True.

Well, I had my first dreams in Thai this week haha. Twice. The first, I became a District Leader this coming transfer and trained a missionary as well. It was way cool.

I just really want to get the message to everyone, Start Now. Begin now. Strive to come closer to Christ. Strive to follow His commandments with exactness. Strive to make your study and prayers more sincere. As I have tried to do this, I only realize more and more that this Gospel is true. It brings so much hope knowing that I can rely on the Gospel even if times are hard. Along with gaining more testimony, you WILL be shaken by Satan more and more. This is a truth. That is what he is set to do. But he also tries to make you think he really isn't there. That both Christ and himself are just a myth. Don't give in. Along with ALWAYS knowing Christ and Father are real, never ever ignore the fact that Satan is real too. Use that knowledge against him. As you are shaken more and more by Satan, as long as you handle it right, your faith will grow so strong.

I am slowly but surely learning the many true purposes of a mission. It is a real good feeling. More to come.

We had a pretty interesting Christmas party. I won UNO 4 out of 5 games with about 10 people. Also won Monopoly twice. Nice. I made a new friend named Men. He is 14, but is like the only Thai basketball player I have met here so far. Wish sports were a bigger deal here haha. Anywho, I'm trying to take advantage because we literally never exercise and I am going crazy since I never get to play sports. Men invites me to play basketball since he plays pretty often and I'm excited to play again. I share the Gospel with him in return even though we haven't gotten to playing yet. There's like this Professional Thai League that plays on this outdoor court in my area almost daily. One day I want to go challenge them all haha. Challenge them to baptism as well of course.

Christmas Eve, we had a random black dude named Frankus stop by 'just to say Merry Christmas.' Way good guy. We talked about God and stuff for a while. He absolutely loves the Holy Bible, and God. Then he went off on a way long tangent about God and how no one needs church they just need God. Never once said anything against our church, just saying weird stuff. For example, 'you could be God, I could be God, he could be God.' It went on for a while and the moment I felt inspired I immediately blurted out 'Have you ever heard of the Book of Mormon?' He quieted down and said 'Nope.' So he was introduced to it, we explained it is another book just like the Bible, that testifies Jesus Christ is real. I explained the 'other sheep which are not of this fold.' It was good. We sent him on his way with a Merry Christmas and a big smile and wave. Hoping he truly finds out the truth for himself and stops by again one day.

Had a cool thought one night. Can't remember if it is from the scriptures or what but it just came to my head.

       He believes in me, even when I do not believe in myself.

Always remember that truth as well. Just remember everything, okay?

2 Nephi 25:23 
      For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ...for it is by His grace that we are saved.

Learned some crazy Thai dialect with two of our investigators one day. Called the Yisan Language. That was fun.

There is nothing better than being a missionary.

Keep your flame burning - Brother Lamar Bangerter (Thank you for that, I will never forget it)

I love you (: 

was so good getting to see and talk to you this morning.

"And I held your hand through all of these years, but still, you have all of me"





--
เอ็ลเดอร์ยอหนขิมบัลฮิกกินสัน
Elder John Kimball Higginson
Thailand, Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment