Sunday, January 15, 2017

Kamphaeng Phet - Holy Ghost

Very eventful week led through pondering and the Spirit. 

We have met very many amazing people who we are getting to work on immediately.

There are so many scriptures to share from what I read in the Book of Mormon. I read between 2 Nephi 24 through 32. They are a lot about prophecies and so much more. They are really neat scriptures. But what I learned the most about reading them is to never stop reading the Book of Mormon. I kinda took a break for a few days since I am studying Jesus the Christ, Preach My Gospel, and the Bible a little more seriously. I learned quickly that not including the Book of Mormon each day is not a very smart idea. I would greatly advise everyone to please get your Book of Mormon study in every day. It not only strengthens your testimony, but keeps it consistent. It contains only Truth. More Truth than any other doctrine or book on the earth. What a blessing the Book of Mormon is.

Also re recognizing how amazing the Holy Ghost is. I know I have said this before, but He is so underappreciated by everyone. Very underrated. Not only did He put off having a resurrected body so that He could help us through life... He is a God. He is the same as Christ and Father. He is a God like them. Sometimes it is hard to realize that. We have a literal God dwelling within us and with us all the time (as long as we are doing as we should). Without the Holy Ghost, we are literally not able to have a testimony of Christ. Without the Holy Ghost it is not possible to have a testimony at all. The Holy Ghost is the source of our Faith. All learning, understanding, experiences, revelation come to us through the Holy Ghost. We know of Jesus Christ only through the Holy Ghost. What an amazing individual He is. The Holy Ghost is the power that cleanses us from our sins. Our sins our not cleansed at baptism, but once we receive the baptism of fire which is the Holy Ghost. So much more He does and I just want everyone to be more grateful for everything He does for us. That's all.

1 Corinthians 12:3 No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost

2 Nephi 25:20 There is none other name given under Heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved. 
v23 For we labor diligently to... persuade our children, and also our brethren (and the Thailand people) to believe in Christ... because it is by His grace that we are saved, after all we can do.
v25 We are made alive in Christ because of our Faith.
v26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophecy of Christ
v27 Look forward unto that life which is in Christ
v28 For the right way is to believe in Christ and deny Him not.

Really foundationed my testimony on Christ this week. It has been amazing. I have learned and grown so much in little time. Take advantage of any study time you get. Make sure you pray to have the Holy Ghost lead you to understanding and to a perfect testimony. It has been so cool studying the Bible and realizing everything in the Bible only proves that we have the true church. I have studied so much about what is unique about our Church. And it all makes sense because the things that are unique about our church are what make it even more the Church of Jesus Christ. People may say that we understand  things wrong. But with a diligent study, you'll find out even more that our Church only is Truth. I learned so much about the Godhead, the Priesthood, the Holy Ghost, and so much more through the same scriptures others read and deny the Truth we have. Just a few thoughts.
The Godhead is amazing. Without any one of the three, nothing would function. All 3 personages of the Godhead are everything to us. They each have major roles in our lives. We must seek to have a testimony in all 3 of them. Without one of them, we will not strive abundantly in the Gospel.

Finally getting a lot more investigator work in. It is cool people getting their own testimonies. Like two girls specifically progressed so much. They called us and asked if we could teach them. We had a lesson ready but when we sat down I immediately said "Okay what are you going to teach us today?" Without even thinking or knowing I had said it it was weird. But, they took it on and taught us for like an hour and a half about almost everything. It was neat. My companion told me it was a genius idea but I don't even think it was my idea. We acted like we were their investigators but very smoothly taught them while 'not knowing anything.' I don't know its hard to explain but it worked out and they are so ready for baptism.

I haven't explained this yet. There is one thing that is just so frustrating and it is getting people to church. In Thailand, Sunday isn't an off day. People are busy as ever just like every other day of the week and getting people to Church is the biggest struggle. If coming to church were more available, I'd probably have like 12 baptisms by now haha. It's hard. But it is still so neat working on getting real Children of God their own testimony of their Father in Heaven.

Let's seeeeeee... I played Thai chess also known as Ancient Chess, in Thai known as Makruk. It's way cool.

Here is one more random but great scripture 2 Nephi 29:9 ...for my work is not yet finished c30v5 and the gospel of Jesus Christ shall be declared among them; wherefore, they shall be restored unto the knowledge of their fathers, and also to the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Love you (:

Elder Higginson

may we all turn our minds to the greater benefit of others
I Glory In Truth 
I Glory In My Jesus



--
เอ็ลเดอร์ยอหนขิมบัลฮิกกินสัน
Elder John Kimball Higginson
Thailand, Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment